Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: EBBS on October 28, 2010, 02:29:32 pm
-
Has anyone else been having issues with the quality of Epsons Exhibition paper? I had a pack to 17"X22" that every sheet had some sort of defect. There were multiple thin black lines on every sheet in the pack. One sheet had a brown, looked like cardboard, spot about the size of a pea on it. Costumers service was great and they had me send them the bad paper and they send out a new pack. Upon inspection of the new pack about 2/3's have some sort of black or brown dots on them. One has a red dot? So has anyone else seen any defect in there EEF? Perhaps I'm asking to much that a "Signature Worthy Paper" be free of defects.
-
I have seen a lot of Traditional Photo (which is our local name for EF) and never seen the sort of defects that you're mentioning, nor have I ever heard of anyone regularly seeing any sort of defects.
I think you need to contact customer service again (are you buying direct from Epson or through a dealer? If through a dealer, maybe talk to Epson?)
-
Farmer, I originally purchased the paper through a dealer. The costumer service I called the first time was Epson. They were very helpful the first time I called. I just find it odd that 2 for 2 on the 17"X22" for me were defective.
-
I had a box of 25 where four sheets had the defects you noted. Remember that Epson outsources the manufacturing of the paper and maybe there is insufficient QC/QA in place.
Alan
-
I also haven't seen this sort of defect to date. But I have a couple of unopened boxes of 17x22 recently purchased from B&H. I will be printing this weekend and will report back.
Paul
-
Yep. I've found the brown pulp chips in several sheets, though more small bits and nothing the size of a pea. I've also had what looks like pin-prick holes in the surface, and of course they are so small you don't notice them until ink is on them :-\. I like the paper though, but agree it's really frustrating when about 15% of the sheets are trash...
-
If you're not already, I strongly recommend that you guys report this back to Epson in the US.
-
I called Epson on the first pack that I had with the black lines. I will call them today about this pack with the black, brown, and red dots. I also like this paper and can see having one sheet out of a pack not perfect but when it was 25 bad in the first pack I sent back and now 2/3 with defects. At least Epson has been good about
making trying to make it right.
-
It is interesting that this defect is showing up with EEF. It wasn't known to be a factor in the original Innova version. However, it is a very common and wide spread issue with what was my favorite media of this type, Hahnemuhle Photorag Baryta. So much so that many of us have had to abandon it all together. When you wreck a 30x40 or 40x60 print over and over it's just not usable.
john
-
I called Epson costomer service and the 2nd pack of defective paper is off to Long Beach. Hopfully the 3rd times a charm. :-\
-
Well my 2nd replacement 3rd pack total of EEF came today. And Yep, same black and brown dots and black lines. I really wanted to be done with this. What a waste, more has been spent on shipping defective packs of paper around the country than the paper is worth. I guess I will be calling Epson again in the morning and informing them that there replacement paper is bad also. Very disappointed.
-
Its been better than a week since I last called Epson customer service. There response to my 3rd pack of defective paper was "we will have to talk with our paper guy and get back to you." I am still waiting for there call. I'm guessing they wont be calling back. >:(