Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: transco on October 27, 2010, 12:07:12 am
-
Question for you HP 130 owners: What paper(s) do you like for photographic prints? I'd like to find a good 'E' surface and 'F' surface paper, compatible with the 130.
-
Try Ilford Gallery Classic Papers, for longest life, available in both paper surfaces.
-
Iiford Peral was my favorite paper back in my wet chemistry days. I'll give their Galerie Classic Pearl inkjet paper a try on my 130 once it arrives. I see it is specifically designed for dye based printers. It's good to know that there are archival papers available from third party manufacturers in addition to what HP offers. What did you use for ICC profiles for the Ilford papers? Did you develop your own or does Ilford supply them?
Thanks for the suggestion.
-
I make all my profiles using Colorvision's Spyder3 Print (Even though I have a Z3100 with built-in Spectro). Ilford used to have some canned profiles, but I haven't checked lately. I you don't want to invest in a profiling package, consider getting a custom made profile.