Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on October 25, 2010, 02:01:58 pm
-
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/
-
Release candidate? Oh no, won't do that again. I'll wait for the real one.
-
Release candidate? Oh no, won't do that again. I'll wait for the real one.
That's up to you. However, know that the RC installs along side 3.0 rather than replacing it. If you use a test catalog, you don't have to worry about any possible bugs messing up your "real" catalog. So, you can test away and perhaps find residual bugs Adobe doesn't know about, or you can wait for the final release.
-
That's up to you. However, know that the RC installs along side 3.0 rather than replacing it. If you use a test catalog, you don't have to worry about any possible bugs messing up your "real" catalog. So, you can test away and perhaps find residual bugs Adobe doesn't know about, or you can wait for the final release.
Not quite - according to Adobe (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3-3/) If you are on a PC, this update will overwrite your v3.2. I'm with you drichi! Mac users seem to be safer.
"Can Lightroom 3.3 Release Candidate be installed alongside Lightroom 3.0 or Lightroom 3.2?
* Mac: The Mac Lightroom 3.3 release candidate can be installed alongside Lightroom 3.
* Windows: By default, this Lightroom 3.2 release candidate will remove or overwrite your existing Lightroom 3 installation. If you wish to return to Lightroom 3.2 after installing Lightroom 3.3, simply reinstall Lightroom 3.2 from your original download after uninstalling Lightroom 3.3 using the Windows add/remove program utility.
Both versions of the application share the same catalog format allowing your catalogs to be opened by either version without complications."
-
Oops. My bad. Thanks for the correction.
-
PC people can do a custom installation to a different folder, for instance C:/Programs/Adobe Test.
-
What is new in the LR 3.3 Release Candidate?
-
Follow the link in John Hollenberg's post.
-
The fix of the slowness (unresponsiveness) of LR with healing / spot tool makes this very tempting, but I think I'll wait until the official version.
{}
Roger
-
Other than the documented support for additional cameras and lens corrections, has anyone experienced real performance improvements in LR 3.3 RC?
John
-
To me it seems about the same, though to be fair they have not addressed the main cause of performance problems for my usage (excessive use of the spot-brush tool :)).
Generally, LR 3 works reasonably well (on a Mac with 4GB) until it runs out of memory. Once you start paging memory to disk, the entire system grinds to a sluggish halt. I have at least one photograph that I can no longer edit, because opening the Develop module immediately triggers paging...
So far I have not noticed any obvious difference between 3.3RC and 3.2 - no new problems and at least one bug have I hit previously has not been fixed.
-
I installed the 3.3 RC (Windows 7, 32-bit) then uninstalled it because it seems to have memory leaks or something equivalent. Opening a Windows folder wasn't able to display the thumbnails for images, CCleaner (used to empty Recycle Bin, clean up Cookies and temp files, etc) wouldn't run properly, etc. I kept having to reboot the computer, several times in one day. I didn't bother to uninstall, just re-installed LR 3.2 and everything's fine again.
Mike.
-
all this makes me miss my LR 2.7 ...
-
Solved sluggishness..
Mine was caused by my nvidia driver not been a clean install. You have to disable your antivirus software when you update or install a new Nvidia driver and temporarily shutting down AVG was and is a complete pain.
So i uninstalled it as I had a newer version to install, after uninstalling the AVG software, I then took the latest nVidia release and performed a clean install, then installed a newer AVG version.
It solved the sluggishness I had between Library and Develop, the often sluggishness with the brush, grad or heal tool... BINGO.
My PC is a very stable Vista x64bit with a quad core chip, 8G or fast RAM and a nVidia GT9800GTX+ card. It shouldn't have ever been slow at all, now it isn't.
Also if you install 3.3RC into a different folder on a PC it WILL erase version 3.2
Hope this helps
S