Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: bobtowery on October 25, 2010, 01:20:56 pm

Title: GH2 homepage Image!
Post by: bobtowery on October 25, 2010, 01:20:56 pm
Nice image Michael. But moreover, can't wait for your hands on review!

I have been wanting to invest in a "smaller than Canon DSLR kit" for some time. Was lusting after the M9 but for various reasons decided now is not the time.

I have a GH2 on pre-order. Crossing my fingers that you find this to be a great piece of kit.

Bob Towery
http://bobtowery.typepad.com
Title: Re: GH2 homepage Image!
Post by: michael on October 25, 2010, 02:06:08 pm
You can uncross your fingers. It's really good!

Michael
Title: Re: GH2 homepage Image!
Post by: feppe on October 25, 2010, 03:22:50 pm
I'm tickled pink for the 14mm pancake review. I prefer primes, but the few full-size samples from the lens (http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/albums/panasonic-gh2-14mm-f2-5-preview-samples) have had pretty poor corner sharpness, and show little or no improvement over the 7-14mm MFT Panasonic (http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/reviewsamples/albums/panasonic-7-14mm-f4-review-samples). Going on a trip soon and I need a wide angle so this is perfect timing to make the decision.

And Bob, be careful with the MFT investment. I bought an E-PL1 earlier this year, and have hardly touched my APSC Canon kit since :) I'm seriously considering selling off the Canon kit and sticking with my film cameras (MF and LF) for my other needs.
Title: Re: GH2 homepage Image!
Post by: bobtowery on October 25, 2010, 04:56:57 pm
You can uncross your fingers. It's really good!

Michael


Very happy to hear that. Ever since your article about doing landscape work with the M9 I have been intrigued by a lightweight set of gear.  Hopefully the IQ is not a bigger step down from my 5DII than I can handle.  Should be more than good enough for travel work.

Thanks for the reply Michael.
Title: Re: GH2 homepage Image!
Post by: feppe on October 27, 2010, 03:10:20 pm
And what you have really powerfull in the system now are those videocameras like the Pana. So if you're serious about video your still investment has value.

So true, I'm drooling all over the Panasonic AG-AF100.