Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JV on October 25, 2010, 10:10:55 am

Title: Rollei 6008 AF
Post by: JV on October 25, 2010, 10:10:55 am
I have been thinking about buying a Rollei 6008 AF for a while now.  Does anybody know what the initial retail price was when it was released?  And also, what would be an acceptable price now?  Thanks, Joris.
Title: Re: Rollei 6008 AF
Post by: Graham Mitchell on October 25, 2010, 10:25:27 am
This recent auction might give you an indication: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230523272690
Title: Re: Rollei 6008 AF
Post by: JV on October 25, 2010, 10:52:12 am
Thanks.  I saw a number of auctions in the US that were $3K+, actually closer to $4K, and that seemed rather expensive to me.
Title: Re: Rollei 6008 AF
Post by: EricWHiss on October 25, 2010, 11:22:28 am
I've sold one here on lula for less than half that amount - can't remember exactly but you can find my listing here - think it was $1500 or close to it.  Great camera and there are a few of us that shoot with them here on the forums.

Edit:  I've got 3 bodies and had planned to sell one of them since I really only need two. e-mail me or send me a PM if interested.  
Title: Re: Rollei 6008 AF
Post by: rolleiflexpages on October 31, 2010, 07:56:36 am
Would recommend you get a new one from DHW Fototechnik, the 6008 AF is quite decently priced even new.
Title: Re: Rollei 6008 AF
Post by: EricWHiss on October 31, 2010, 06:46:48 pm
Yes, direct from DHW is a good option.  I bought a new one from them earlier in the year.  They sometimes also sell packages on ebay under the seller name DHW fototeknic.
Title: Re: Rollei 6008 AF
Post by: Graham Mitchell on October 31, 2010, 06:54:49 pm
Yes, direct from DHW is a good option.  I bought a new one from them earlier in the year.  They sometimes also sell packages on ebay under the seller name DHW fototeknic.

Small spelling correction: the ebay name is "dhw-fototechnik"