Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: spbimages on October 25, 2010, 12:47:37 am

Title: CS5 and QTR
Post by: spbimages on October 25, 2010, 12:47:37 am
I was wondering if anybody has been using CS5 and QTR. I don't have QTR show up as a printer selection. I have to print in QTR and cannot print using CS5.

Thanks,
Steve
Title: Re: CS5 and QTR
Post by: stamper on October 25, 2010, 03:10:52 am
What is QTR? Even my spell checker doesn't recognise it. ;)
Title: Re: CS5 and QTR
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 25, 2010, 03:36:43 am
What is QTR? Even my spell checker doesn't recognise it. ;)
I imagine he means QuadTone RIP (http://www.quadtonerip.com/html/QTRoverview.html). I can't answer his question, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: CS5 and QTR
Post by: spbimages on October 25, 2010, 11:34:35 am
Correct, QTR is QuadTone RIP.
Title: Re: CS5 and QTR
Post by: Richowens on October 25, 2010, 12:48:19 pm
Quad Tone Rip is a standalone application, at least on my machine it is.

Unless something in the interface has been changed, it is not a plugin.

Rich
Title: Re: CS5 and QTR
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 25, 2010, 12:49:38 pm
My understanding is that you can only use QTR directly in Photoshop if you are on a Mac. On a PC you must print through the QTRGui interface.

Eric
Title: Re: CS5 and QTR
Post by: spbimages on October 25, 2010, 06:42:23 pm
Thanks for the inputs. A standalone is my understanding also.