Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn NK on October 24, 2010, 01:22:47 pm
-
First post:
http://www.box.net/shared/18p9uhh69a
5DII + 100 macro + 12 mm ring. ISO 640 f/5.6 1/500 (windy day).
Considerable PP in LR 3 and PS Elements.
Glenn
-
[...]
Considerable PP in LR 3 and PS Elements.
[...]
Sorry, but it is way too over-processed for my tastes: in my humble opinion, such hard editing does not improve the image, but distracts too much from the real subject. Just my two cents. I would like to see the unedited version; those colours look promising.
-
I like both the painterly effect and the palette.
Thanks,
Dale
-
IMO, this is a very busy image. It has a style and technique which makes it appear painterly and 3D like, which in itself is not bad, but one can see it is a flower hanging over a very busy scene. It briefly looks nice until you start to look beyond the 3D and painterly effect. But I am sure that you can find some good compositions to apply this technique to and see what it does for you. Because, IMO, if you like it and all other considerations are good, that's all that matters.
JMR
-
I shot this in the late afternoon - the flowers were in full sun (although the sun was quite low), and I had forgotten my diffuser in the car, so took a few shots anyway. I knew at the time that the mixture of light and shade was going to be a problem. On the screen, the original looked worse than this, so I did some "aggressive" PS in an attempt to salvage it.
It's a like it or hate it image. I accept that. It was also displayed at Naturescapes and received some positive reviews in the Photo and Digital Art forum. It was never meant to look real - it's an "artistic" treatment.
And perhaps the dumbest part is that I uploaded the wrong image.
The correct one is in the first post. It's quite different.
Glenn
-
Very artistic and the pp well done. The DOF works well with this too. I find the late afternoon light in Fall is magical.