Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Nemo on October 23, 2010, 06:02:20 am
-
It was seen at Photokina 2010:
http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/09/canon-concept-dye-sub-printer/
Mitshubishi, Olympus or Kodak (those 8500 and 1400 printers) had A4 sublimation printers, but now comes Canon with a new unit with improved image quality. I like dye-sub printers for the predictability of costs and the low maintenance costs.
-
Maybe we will get new information at PhotoPlus Expo?
-
I made some calculations.
Dye-sub printers used to be 300 ppi. It translates to 8,6 MP without downsampling for a A4 format (8x12 inches).
If the resolution is increased to 360 ppi it would be 12,4 MP.
400 ppi ---> 15,4MP
600 pp1 ---> 34,6 MP.
I think to remember there were dye-sub printers with 300 ppi horizontal resolution and 600 ppi vertical... and this is 17,3 MP.
I expect some information from Canon. None asked Canon about this printer during the past Photokina, which is a shame.