Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Schewe on October 20, 2010, 12:07:51 pm

Title: PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0 beta testers (for Mac first)
Post by: Schewe on October 20, 2010, 12:07:51 pm
Folks,

Just a quick ping to let people know we are looking for a few good men or women to help PG finish off PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0 by beta testing.

At this point, we only need Mac testers running Photoshop CS5 in 64-bit that already have PhotoKit Sharpener 1.x. Since we're changing installers (Vice X) and adding the 64-bit code to the Mac version, that's where we need the help. The Windows version will be tested after we get over the initial hump.

So, the first 8-10 people who send me an email confirming you are an existing customer running Photoshop CS5 in 64-bit on the Mac will get directed to a web page to log in and download the beta. Send an email to jeff at pixelgenius dot com and make sure to put PKS2 Beta in the subject line please.
Title: Re: PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0 beta testers (for Mac first)
Post by: DRTphotos on October 27, 2010, 06:15:58 pm
Hi,  I am keen to beta test this product in 64 bit mode on CS5.  I really miss using it as I did in CS4.  Put simply 32 bit mode on an Intel Mac is useless..

Cheers

Dave
Title: PKS2 Beta
Post by: rpuller on November 22, 2010, 10:59:07 am
Jeff,

I'd like to participate in the beta testing of PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0.  I'm currently running 64-bit Photoshop CS5 on a 27" iMac with a 2.8 GHz Intel Core I7 processor and 8 GB of memory.

I started using the multi-step sharpening process that you and Bruce Fraser developed several years ago.  I produced some actions for it, but had relatively few options.  Later I tried Photokit Sharpener with 32-bit mode CS5, but it's slow.  I've been looking forward to Photokit Sharpener 2.0 for quite a while, but it's still vapor-ware for most of us; if I can help speed delivery I'll be pleased to do so.

Rob
Title: Re: PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0 beta testers (for Mac first)
Post by: DRTphotos on November 22, 2010, 11:58:02 am
Hi Jeff,
Interested to learn what progress so far and when do you anticipate a beta release for testing?  Dave
Title: Re: PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0 beta testers (for Mac first)
Post by: Schewe on November 22, 2010, 12:59:29 pm
Interested to learn what progress so far and when do you anticipate a beta release for testing?  Dave

Well, as indicated in my post, we were looking for 8-10 people to test on Mac (not ready for Windows testers) and people should send me an email with PKS2 in the subject line...

As it stands, we've got our Mac testers slots filled. Thanks...as for info, we have announced PKS 2 to ship before the end of Q4, 2010. That's really all I can say at the moment.
Title: Re: PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0 beta testers (for Mac first)
Post by: Ed Bacon on November 22, 2010, 01:20:04 pm
as for info, we have announced PKS 2 to ship before the end of Q4, 2010.

I anxiously await a package under my tree from jolly old St. Jeff (a.k.a. King Neptune) this holiday season.
Mr. Ed
PS Do you want wine or milk with your cookies?
Title: Re: PhotoKit Sharpener 2.0 beta testers (for Mac first)
Post by: DRTphotos on November 22, 2010, 01:35:14 pm
You smooooothy!  Flattery 'may' get you everywhere - even PK2..