Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on October 19, 2010, 03:54:43 am

Title: Morning Mist
Post by: Rob C on October 19, 2010, 03:54:43 am
Goodness me, on first clicking on I though I'd rung up Moonrise over Hernandez; a bit of a shock, first thing in the morning. More simulacra, then.

Rob C
Title: Re: Morning Mist
Post by: Philmar on October 19, 2010, 10:36:05 am
More simulacra, then.

I think this can be purchased cheaper from Canadian pharmacies. ;D
Title: Re: Morning Mist
Post by: Rob C on October 19, 2010, 11:05:30 am
I think this can be purchased cheaper from Canadian pharmacies. ;D


Bu, is it the real deal?

Rob C
Title: Re: Morning Mist
Post by: fredjeang on October 19, 2010, 06:14:12 pm
I have a question on that picture, it has to do with a recent Lu-La article.

For how much time things stayed in those conditions to actually get that picture?

I'm not a landscape photographer, but I've noticed many times that conditions move extremely fast. More than once I thought in my mind "if you where shooting this, you had 1 minute to get it right" then the photo is lost.

We tend to think that mother nature is rather slow, in fact everything moves damn fast.
 
Title: Re: Morning Mist
Post by: michael on October 19, 2010, 07:09:37 pm
We were up before dawn and drove to various vantage points on the Shenedoah Parkway as the sky brightened. This one saw the mist breaking really quickly and I managed a couple of hand-held shots without even time to get the tripod out of the trunk before the scene dissolved before our eyes.

Michael