Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Wayne Fox on October 18, 2010, 06:14:52 pm

Title: Moving multiple folders
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 18, 2010, 06:14:52 pm
I'm reorganizing my master image folder, but doing it from inside lightroom so LR tracks all the changes.

After creating a new folder, I'll select several folders to move into it, drag and drop them ... and it doesn't work. It just moves one of them.  I have to move each folder one at a time.  Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it works?

Title: Re: Moving multiple folders
Post by: Costas on October 18, 2010, 06:31:59 pm
I had that exact same problem when I tried to move some folders around, it will only move one of the selected folders forcing you to do them one at a time
Title: Re: Moving multiple folders
Post by: feppe on October 18, 2010, 06:33:59 pm
I'm reorganizing my master image folder, but doing it from inside lightroom so LR tracks all the changes.

After creating a new folder, I'll select several folders to move into it, drag and drop them ... and it doesn't work. It just moves one of them.  I have to move each folder one at a time.  Am I doing something wrong or is this just how it works?

Might be a feature, not a bug.

If you have a lot of folders to move, you could try moving them in Explorer (or Mac equivalent if applicable) with LR closed, and instructing LR where to find the folders/images next time you open it. It's quite smart, and finds all images in the same folder, worked with subfolders when I tried it as well. Backup as usual.
Title: Re: Moving multiple folders
Post by: Wayne Fox on October 19, 2010, 12:42:57 am
Might be a feature, not a bug.

If you have a lot of folders to move, you could try moving them in Explorer (or Mac equivalent if applicable) with LR closed, and instructing LR where to find the folders/images next time you open it. It's quite smart, and finds all images in the same folder, worked with subfolders when I tried it as well. Backup as usual.
Normally move them in the finder, but this was a lot more complicated including organizing into subfolders and renaming.  Wasn't that bad, I was just was surprised I couldn't move a group of folders, and had to do them one at a time.