Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: andyptak on October 16, 2010, 01:12:13 pm

Title: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: andyptak on October 16, 2010, 01:12:13 pm
I just attached a second monitor, configured LR3 and lo and behold I get exactly the same thing on both monitors! All I can get is a "stereo" effect rather than different views etc. Anyone have any idea of what I did wrong or that I'm missing? Thanks.
Title: Re: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: Schewe on October 16, 2010, 02:19:26 pm
Make sure you are using the 2nd display as part of a virtual desktop, not mirrored.
Title: Re: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: andyptak on October 16, 2010, 02:48:09 pm
I think that mirrored is what I'm getting, but how do I amend it to virtual? Thanks.
Title: Re: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: Schewe on October 16, 2010, 03:04:04 pm
Depends on your system OS which you've not mentioned...so, can't help you there.
Title: Re: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: andyptak on October 16, 2010, 04:49:35 pm
Sorry Jeff, didn't realize that it was an OS thing. I use what everyone loves to hate, Windows Vista.
Title: Re: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: Schewe on October 16, 2010, 08:24:17 pm
The you'll need to go into your displays control panel and turn off mirroring.
Title: Re: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 16, 2010, 08:50:52 pm
On Vista try this:
1. Click the Windows 'Start' button; click 'Settings'; click 'Control Panel'; and choose (double-click) 'Personalization.'
2. Choose 'Display Settings.'
3. Click the 'Identify Monitors' button to see which one Windows calls 1 and which it calls 2.
4. From the drop-down menu below the monitor thumbnails, choose the one you want as your 'Main' monitor.
5. While this is selected, click (check) the box labeled 'This is my main monitor.'
6. Then choose the other monitor.
7. While this one is selected, click (check) the box labeled 'Extend the desktop onto this monitor.'
8. While each monitor is selected, you should probably set the resolution to 'Highest 32-bit' on each.
9. Then click 'OK' and close the various windows that are left open.

If this doesn't work, try screaming, and then tell us how far you got with it.

Good luck!

Eric
Title: Re: Unable to use dual monitor set up -??
Post by: andyptak on October 17, 2010, 04:05:11 pm
thanks guys.