Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on October 16, 2010, 10:24:23 am

Title: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 16, 2010, 10:24:23 am
Nik software is now all 64 bit, with free upgrades from the old 32 bit. clicky (http://www.niksoftware.com/index/en/entry.php)

At last, I can run Aperture in 64 bit & still use Silver Efex Pro
Title: Re: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: feppe on October 16, 2010, 01:53:01 pm
Nik software is now all 64 bit, with free upgrades from the old 32 bit. clicky (http://www.niksoftware.com/index/en/entry.php)

At last, I can run Aperture in 64 bit & still use Silver Efex Pro

If only their European demo download site would work, and they would actually respond to emails asking for fix.

Oh well, their loss.
Title: Re: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: robgo2 on October 16, 2010, 06:07:18 pm
Nik software is now all 64 bit, with free upgrades from the old 32 bit. clicky (http://www.niksoftware.com/index/en/entry.php)

At last, I can run Aperture in 64 bit & still use Silver Efex Pro

Are you certain of this?  I can find nothing on the Nik website indicating that Sharpener Pro and Dfine are 64 bit.

Rob
Title: Re: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: hokuahi on October 16, 2010, 06:17:56 pm
Dfine and Sharpener Pro will be the last to be upgraded to 64 bit.  As of now, they aren't, the rest are.
Title: Re: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: Huib on October 21, 2010, 05:35:42 am
I like the software from Nik. But I don’t like their new sales politic for people outside the USA. As a NAPP member I get 30 % discount on Nik software.
But not anymore if you live in Europe.
You pay as European citizen the US price in Euros!! Also for a download version. And no discount as NAPP member.
I wrote Nik Software about this but I didn’t get an answer why they are doing this. Do we get more service?
 :'(
Title: Re: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 21, 2010, 06:40:18 am
Yes, my mistake - not all 64 bit, yet.

As a point of interest, those at school, college or university, are entitled to Nik's academic discount. Well worth checking out; some significant savings
Title: Re: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: stamper on October 21, 2010, 08:17:50 am
Would you not be better waiting till all of the bugs are sorted out before installing the up-dates? Nik are notorious for still having problems after producing an update and what you will be doing is beta testing for them. Unless of course you have masochistic tendencies? ;) ;D
Title: Re: Nik software - now 64 bit
Post by: glmcjimsey1942 on October 24, 2010, 06:57:28 pm
A nice gent at Nik Software, Shane, told me in late Sept / early Oct 2010 that if Nik had already released a new 64-bit version of one of their PS Plug-in applications that an upgrade from existing 32-bit to 64-bit would not be allowed and I would then have to purchase the new 64-bit release of that particular application.  I have the Nik Complete Suite in 32-bit. Since then, I have upgraded my PS to Win 7 Pro 64-bit and using PS CS5, both 32-bit & 64-bit loaded to new PC.  To take advantage of Nik 64-bit upgrades (those that I can upgrade) do I install my 32-bit Nik Complete application software and let it default to whatever location on the PC , presuming it will be in the C:\Programs Files (x86) where the 32-bit PS CS5 (w/Bridge) defaulted to?

Then, will the Nik 64-bit upgrades / downloads, default to the C:\Program Files (64-bit)\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins?