Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: framah on October 16, 2010, 10:19:06 am

Title: the best paper
Post by: framah on October 16, 2010, 10:19:06 am
I have a customer who has asked me what is the very best paper to print his images on.  Based on the few images I saw, my first thought was toilet paper... but seeing as how his money is as good as anyone else, i will print anything he brings in. 

Obviously, his work will sell better if it is on the best paper available to him. ;)... and my Mercedes car payment will be assured for this month. ;D

So... what would you consider the best paper out there based on the gamut and brighteners and weight  and surface texture and such.  I have an Epson 9900.
His images are photographs and he doesn't want any photo looking paper but more artsy paper.
Thanks, guys.
Title: Re: the best paper
Post by: neile on October 16, 2010, 10:25:12 am
Long time no see :)

Try http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=46752.0, someone else asked this question last week. Also do a quick bit of searching, you'll find lots of threads on the topic.

Neil
Title: Re: the best paper
Post by: Bob Rockefeller on October 16, 2010, 02:11:08 pm
I have a customer who has asked me what is the very best paper to print his images on.  Based on the few images I saw, my first thought was toilet paper... but seeing as how his money is as good as anyone else, i will print anything he brings in.  

Obviously, his work will sell better if it is on the best paper available to him. ;)... and my Mercedes car payment will be assured for this month. ;D

So... what would you consider the best paper out there based on the gamut and brighteners and weight  and surface texture and such.  I have an Epson 9900.
His images are photographs and he doesn't want any photo looking paper but more artsy paper.
Thanks, guys.

I am very partial to Canson Platine Fiber Rag. Here are some comments about it and several other fine papers:

http://www.bobrockefeller.com/blog/some-archival-papers.html

Its not cheap, but that's not what you're looking for! :)

Title: Re: the best paper
Post by: framah on October 16, 2010, 05:51:07 pm
Thanks, guys!
 I already have a roll of the Canson Platine Rag. It just came in this week and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
I might get a roll of Epson Exhibition Rag and a roll of Canson Rag Photographique. The name alone should impress him!! ;D

Hi Neil!!