Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: davidh202 on October 14, 2010, 08:35:37 pm

Title: Input of paper size on Epson 7900
Post by: davidh202 on October 14, 2010, 08:35:37 pm
OK I printed my first canvas wraps through Qimage today and did well.
Just a little confused on the paper size choice in setting up the driver. Since I am printing off a 24" roll why does the driver ask for a sheet size?
What I did was input 24 x 30 and portrait orientation,and since I cut manually (as recommended by the paper documentation), everything was fine.If your using roll paper why doesn't the sheet size just gray out when you choose a roll size?
Is this correct? I couldn't find documentation on how to do it in the manual.
Title: Re: Input of paper size on Epson 7900
Post by: Pete Berry on October 15, 2010, 09:23:53 pm
Well, I imagine that for the majority of users, paper will be the medium, and they let the cutter do its thing, with the relationship between media size and print sizing determing the desired margins.

I suppose a truly smart printer would recognize that your manual cutting doesn't require a media size specified - unless you wanted a printed line to cut on, which some printers at least will do. Dunno about the 7900.

Pete
Title: Re: Input of paper size on Epson 7900
Post by: Farmer on October 16, 2010, 12:03:50 am
Ummm, this is most likely just the driver set incorrectly.

You can choose roll, roll with cut or sheet.  You need to match the driver and the printer.