Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: nemophoto on October 14, 2010, 11:03:05 am
-
I've discovered something weird with my Lightroom and am trying to figure out if it's an anomaly with my system or a general bug.
In the past, if i right-clicked an image, I could chose "Edit in..", and choosing Photoshop, I had the option of Original, Copy or Copy with LR Adjustments. Well, the Copy, in deed makes a copy, labeling it "edit". However, the Copy with LR Adjst justs edits the original. Am I doing something wrong, or is this bug that has surfaced that I haven't read about. I just double-checked. The version I'm running is 3.0, not 3.2, which I thought I'd downloaded. Does this problem appear in 3.2? Thanks.
Nemo
-
What file format type? If you are using LR 3.x and Camera Raw 6.x you WON'T get the edit copy option because by default you will ALWAYS be editing a copy and not the raw. If you open a psd, tiff or jpeg, you'll get that dlog. If you have a mismatch LR/ACR situation (ie opening images in Photoshop CS3 or 4 not CS5) you will also get a message about how to render but that's different.
-
These are TIFF files (previously converted/saved).
-
There is a bug in LR 3.2 when Photoshop is set to the "normal" (top level) editor...add Photoshop again as the second level editor and you'll get the dlog you want. Should be fixed in an upcoming dot release.
-
Thanks for the workaround. I'll try it.
-
Thanks Jeff. That seemed to do the trick.