Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on October 10, 2010, 04:19:52 am

Title: Glencoe
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 10, 2010, 04:19:52 am
A couple of shots from Glencoe. C&C appreciated

Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Rob C on October 10, 2010, 04:42:40 am
A couple of shots from Glencoe. C&C appreciated



I can't remember you paying me for a property release...

Rob C (aka Rob Campbell)
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 10, 2010, 05:33:08 am
A Campbell eh? If you like, I'll tell you what it's like inside the Clachaig Inn  ;)
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: stamper on October 10, 2010, 06:21:08 am

I can't remember you paying me for a property release...

Rob C (aka Rob Campbell)

You won't be welcome in a McDonalds then? :) ;) ;D
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: stamper on October 10, 2010, 06:25:40 am
A Campbell eh? If you like, I'll tell you what it's like inside the Clachaig Inn  ;)

I like the processing of the B&W. I normally don't favour B&W landscapes but I regard these as an exception. Possibly in the second one I would have liked a little more foreground because the tree is very close to the frame. Did you crop it? :-\
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 10, 2010, 09:18:19 am
... Did you crop it? :-\

Thanks for the comments. As for cropping, no, that's as it was framed
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 10, 2010, 09:21:03 am
I like the first one, especially the way the clouds curl around and fill the upper spaces.

Eric
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Rob C on October 10, 2010, 11:12:42 am

I can't remember you paying me for a property release...

Rob C (aka Rob Campbell)

You won't be welcome in a McDonalds then? :) ;) ;D



And more to the point: none of those products would be welcome inside me! Should be banned from the face of any civilized country. Even more depressing than skyhooks!

Rob C
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 10, 2010, 01:23:22 pm
A third from the same set
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: wolfnowl on October 10, 2010, 02:17:10 pm
The B&W works well for these, I think.  The framing on the 2nd seems a bit tight to me as well, making me wonder what lies beyond it, but I like the other two.

Mike.
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: Dick Roadnight on October 10, 2010, 03:45:02 pm
I had thought that monochrome was a dying art.

These picture really come to life full frame on my Eizo CG211... they looked relatively muddy and flat at the default size.
Title: Re: Glencoe
Post by: tokengirl on October 11, 2010, 08:30:43 am
I like the first one very, very much.  The second one is just ok for me.  I like the composition of the third one, but I think the sky is a little too dramatic/contrasty.