Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DwayneOakes on October 08, 2010, 10:20:33 pm

Title: Autumn Impressions
Post by: DwayneOakes on October 08, 2010, 10:20:33 pm
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

(http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v14/p178591170-4.jpg)
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: stamper on October 09, 2010, 04:10:44 am
That's an image that attracts your attention. A very nice effect. Care to tell us how you captured the effect? ;)
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: Rob C on October 09, 2010, 04:25:25 am
That's an image that attracts your attention. A very nice effect. Care to tell us how you captured the effect? ;)


Stamper

Can't speak for the pic above, but I have caught the same effect smearing vaseline, in one direction and very thinly, onto a plain piece of glass and then rotating to suit what I see in the viewfinder.

Rob C
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: slrlounge on October 10, 2010, 12:43:53 am
Loving this one!  Playing with colors is one of my favorite things to do with nature photography.  To me the image evokes the transient nature of fall colors, as expressed with the streaks of light fading off.  great job ... would love to feature it on slr lounge (http://www.slrlounge.com) sometime
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: DwayneOakes on October 10, 2010, 08:10:42 am
That's an image that attracts your attention. A very nice effect. Care to tell us how you captured the effect? ;)

Thank you very much for the comments ! Sure, most DSLR have a double exposure feature.
For this photo I used that in-camera feature. I took one photo handheld and steady, I then
took a second photo and moved the camera in a downward motion as I pressed the shutter.

The camera will then combine the two photos together and work out the correct exposure automatically using its firmware.
So it is done in-camera out in the field with little pp needed.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: DwayneOakes on October 10, 2010, 08:12:39 am

Stamper

Can't speak for the pic above, but I have caught the same effect smearing vaseline, in one direction and very thinly, onto a plain piece of glass and then rotating to suit what I see in the viewfinder.

Rob C

Thats a cool trick to.

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: DwayneOakes on October 10, 2010, 08:14:42 am
Loving this one!  Playing with colors is one of my favorite things to do with nature photography.  To me the image evokes the transient nature of fall colors, as expressed with the streaks of light fading off.  great job ... would love to feature it on slr lounge (http://www.slrlounge.com) sometime

Thank you very much for the comments on this one ! I really appreciate it. You can feature this photo on slr lounge if
you like. Thanks again !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: DuncanAndison on October 11, 2010, 03:51:59 pm
Great trick and beautiful shot!!
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: usathyan on October 18, 2010, 08:47:40 pm
Very interesting effect. Thanks for sharing your technique. The technique suits the image you have captured....it is intriguing...
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: wolfnowl on October 19, 2010, 12:26:44 am
Nicely done!

Mike.
Title: Re: Autumn Impressions
Post by: Ifocus4u on October 22, 2010, 01:45:11 pm
Very nicely done.  I have been able to get a similar effect shooting in the woods using longer shutter speeds and moving the camera up, down, zoom in or out... or whatever...but not as nice as this.   I never thought about placing it over a hand held version of the same spot.  The effect you got was amazing.  My camera doesn't do fancy pp in house so I'll have to experiment to see what I can do.  I am really enjoying your images.  Keep up the creative work!   ;D