Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sm906 on October 08, 2010, 03:40:30 am
-
Hi folks,
I intend to buy an used HP Z2100 in mint condition shortly. Based on my research on the HP website pages dedicated to this printer and this forum I am not quite sure whether the printer works fine with Windows 7 (64bit). Also, not all the software and drivers seem to be pushed on the Win 7 level.
I would assume that at least the Vista 64bit and Win XP 64bit software and drivers will work. But, I am not sure.
What are your experiences of this printer and Win 7 64bit?
ADDED: To carry out a prelimanry test I downloaded the given HP Utility Win 7 software from HPs webiste software and tried to install it (without the printer connected cause it is not here yet). The routine comes up with an error saying that the necessary JavaScript environment is not accessible (never saw a programm demanding JavaScript outside a Web Browser - curious). Might be that the original DVD setup needs to be installed first, provided it runs under Win 7 64bit, or that the Z2100 needs to be connected with its integrated Web-Server!?
Any help is much appreciated
Thomas
-
I have the Z3100 running with the HP Vista 64 drivers on a PC running windows 7. Had some problem getting it going andI had posted here for help about a year ago and many people replied. I will search for that thread and post link later but it does work. Some had easier time of it than me but maybe because my machine was an upgrade from Vista to Win 7 it was a bit more of a challenge.
-
...Had some problem getting it going andI had posted here for help about a year ago and many people replied. I will search for that thread...
robert,
thanks for the hint, I suppose the thread you mentioned above is here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=40456
As far as the driver is concerned ibarron's tip works fine. Besides, this way I re-insalled my HP B9180 driver after moving from USB to Ethernet connection.
What about the "HP_Utility" which, as far as I expect, contains the PC user interface for the printer? The curious "JavaScript is missing" error mesasage makes me nervous?
Thomas
-
The HP_Utility install problem is solved. The JScript dll was improperly registered.
Though I wonder that after running Window 7 Ultimate 64bit for a year now this problem occurs today. Anyway, I found the solution on an Adobe site. If anybody should have the problem follow the steps given on this pages and the problem goes away: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405599.html
Hope it might help someone else some day...
Thomas
-
Yes that is the thread. Sorry I didn't have time to do the search when I replied but glad you found it and you're up and running. I am thinking of upgrading my 24" Z3100 to a 44" Z3200 and I hope that has the latest Win 7 driver.
-
"Does it work fine?" Maybe. Read topic 44961.0 in this forum.
-
Hmm, i am running windows 7 and i can print fine to the z2100. No issues.