Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: barry685 on October 06, 2010, 09:46:01 am

Title: Miinum roll size on z3100
Post by: barry685 on October 06, 2010, 09:46:01 am
With the latest firmware can you print a 10" roll on the Z3100?
Title: Re: Miinum roll size on z3100
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on October 06, 2010, 10:11:01 am
11.7ish" is still the limit as far as I know.
You have the printer coupled to a cash register:-?

Put a piece of white tape on the printing bed left of the paper to give the sensor the impression it measures a wider roll. Of course you have to keep the images within the real roll size.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

spectral plots of +100 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm


Title: Re: Miinum roll size on z3100
Post by: barry685 on October 06, 2010, 10:22:37 am
Hi Ernst.
I print a lot of borderless 8x10's (on Kodak lustre) and it would be easier if I could print them on 10" rolls and have the printer do the cutting. I will probably buy a 17" printer to do it if I can't on the z3100
Title: Re: Miinum roll size on z3100
Post by: sojournerphoto on October 06, 2010, 05:47:11 pm
Barry

Just be  abit careful about printing borderless on 'non standard' roll sizes. The printer will generate some overspray and you need to know where it's going - so it doesn't cake the inside of the printer and all the following prints.

I'd be interested to know how it goes.

Mike