Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 05, 2010, 11:03:28 am
-
Michael,
You made me spill my coffee all over my keyboard! I Love it!
And I must offer one of my own in a somewhat similar spirit.
Eric
-
Indeed, witty pair!
;-)
Rob C
-
Touché, Eric!
Mike.
-
Indeed. Welcome to the 70-400 G club, Michael. It's one heck of a lens. I have yet to find something it can't do.
(http://www.dvincentphotography.com/Airplanes/Pittsfield-Municipal-Airport/09-19-10/DSC02635/1017480518_ps5mA-L.jpg) (http://www.dvincentphotography.com/Airplanes/Pittsfield-Municipal-Airport/09-19-10/13873218_9TDpp#1017480518_ps5mA-XL-LB)
-
And if I may join in...A Light Shadow
(http://richowens.smugmug.com/Other/Around-Town/lightshadow-copy/162351025_8eJ6p-L.jpg)
-
Here's my sky-scraper:
-
An eye for art:
(Btw, no digital compositing, just a real-life moment from Yellowstone)
-
And if I may join in...A Light Shadow
(http://richowens.smugmug.com/Other/Around-Town/lightshadow-copy/162351025_8eJ6p-L.jpg)
Such sweet light, I love it!
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Thank you Bernard.
-
My turn: "A twisted relationship"
-
Several horse power
-
Oops! I didn't intend to duplicate threads, so here's my post from the inadvertent new thread:
This latest offering from Michael is an image that grabs the attention.
Some may think, 'so what! I see nothing interesting in a crane pulley'.
However, from a purely compositional point of view, the image is attention-grabbing. But more than that, there's an implied message, or political statement in the image, whether intended or not.
The crane pulley has such an obvious starkness against the puffy cloud, one cannot help being reminded of the continual despoilment of our landscape and environment by development and the expansion of our cities.
For those of us who appreciate unspoiled nature, this is a great concern.
So, well done! Michael. Great photo!
-
Here's my contribution: Cracking a Smile
This is a section of a billboard ad for a circus. It had obviously been up for quite a while because it was wrinkled and cracked in numerous places. Shot along a road in northern Italy.
-
Here's my contribution: Cracking a Smile
This is a section of a billboard ad for a circus. It had obviously been up for quite a while because it was wrinkled and cracked in numerous places. Shot along a road in northern Italy.
Shows you, Italians are still optimistic when everything else points the opposite way!
Rob C