Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on October 03, 2010, 10:36:25 am

Title: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Glenn Bartley on October 03, 2010, 10:36:25 am
I absolutely love hummingbirds. So I thought I would post a few of my favourites from around the world.  I'd love to hear what you think. And if you want to see more be sure to visit my website. I have photographed over 100 species of these amazing birds.

All the best!

Glenn

Ruby Topaz - Tobago

(http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7702/rubytopaz01.jpg)

White-crested Coquette - Costa Rica

(http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8195/whitecrestedcoquette02.jpg)

Calliope Hummingbird - Canada

(http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7991/calliopehummingbird02.jpg)

Great Saphirewing - Ecuador

(http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5033/greatsaphirewing01.jpg)

Rufous Hummingbird - Canada

(http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5307/rufoushummingbird14.jpg)

Saphire-vented Puffleg - Ecuador

(http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8546/saphireventedpuffleg02s.jpg)
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 03, 2010, 11:42:11 am
Wow!

Jeremy
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Chairman Bill on October 03, 2010, 12:24:18 pm
Superb photos
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 03, 2010, 01:43:40 pm
Quite spectacular!

Eric
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: wolfnowl on October 03, 2010, 02:55:02 pm
Some great work, Glenn!  You might be interested in this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pathunt/

Mike.
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on October 03, 2010, 03:12:03 pm
Glenn, those are great shots! Are you using a multi flash setup?
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 03, 2010, 03:25:52 pm
Are you using a multi flash setup?
Glenn, if you'd post a short article on your technique, I for one would be fascinated.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: BFoto on October 03, 2010, 05:15:26 pm
Glenn, if you'd post a short article on your technique, I for one would be fascinated.

Jeremy

+1
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: JohnKoerner on October 04, 2010, 07:12:03 am
Absolutely delightful photos!

Thanks for sharing :)

Jack




.
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Lonnie Utah on October 04, 2010, 11:14:37 am
These do not suck!  Color me jealous.  Great job!
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: Glenn Bartley on October 04, 2010, 11:42:32 am
+1

I am indeed using a multi-flash technique with 4-6 flashes to illuminate the scene. The flash power is turned down so that I can control the duration of the exposure. Ambient light is basically eliminated.

Thanks for the feedback!
Title: Re: Hummingbird Extravaganza!
Post by: DuncanAndison on October 04, 2010, 05:03:55 pm
wow.... stunning, simply stunning! Love them all

Duncan