Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: sailronin on October 03, 2010, 09:06:15 am
-
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5044822332_9bf5cfb5bc_b.jpg)
Nikon D700 with Sigma 150-500mm zoom
-
It's a good pose, but the saturated light greens above the head are a bit distracting (selective desaturate?) and I'm missing peak sharpness (camera shake?).
-
Hi Pegelli,
I'll try to tone down the green, as for sharpness that may be all there is as I was shooting through pretty thick glass. Will see if it can be cleaned up but this will never be suitable for 16x20 print.
Thanks for looking,
Dave
-
Yeah, didn't think about a glass layer inbetween which might indeed be the culprit on sharpness. Maybe just a bit of selective sharpening in the plane of the eye might help giving the viewer a resting point, doesn't have to be a lot, just a bit more than the rest of the picture.
-
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/5054660740_9b522fe5a2_b.jpg)
Pegelli,
Try this with some selective desat on the green and sharpening the eye. Good suggestions, thank you
Dave
-
Yup, that's a bit what I had in mind. Still not a stunner, but an improvement over the first (from memory ;), since it seems to be gone now)