Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Jonathan Kong on October 03, 2010, 12:36:15 am

Title: Help Needed - PA271W-BK-SV shipped without the colorimeter
Post by: Jonathan Kong on October 03, 2010, 12:36:15 am
Hi,

I've just purchased a new PA21W-BK-SV from a retailer in Toronto, Canada. Today when I opened the package, the puck was no where to be found! I double checked the model number making sure it is the SV version. On the box, PA271W-BK-SV was printed on the label but on the back of the monitor, it was only PA21W-BK.

The Spectraview II software is indeed in the box though. Just the sensor is missing. It's very frustrating! I've searched through the box so many times that my wife thinks I have finally lost it.

Couple of questions:

1. The fact that the model no. on the back of the monitor does not have the -SV suffix, does it mean that the panel is not the SV version? There is some info online saying that SV panels are superior to non-SV version. Is it true?

2. If anyone has the SV bundle, can you check to see if the model number on the back on the monitor has the -SV suffix?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jonathan
Title: Re: Help Needed - PA271W-BK-SV shipped without the colorimeter
Post by: WombatHorror on October 03, 2010, 02:44:21 am
Hi,

I've just purchased a new PA21W-BK-SV from a retailer in Toronto, Canada. Today when I opened the package, the puck was no where to be found! I double checked the model number making sure it is the SV version. On the box, PA271W-BK-SV was printed on the label but on the back of the monitor, it was only PA21W-BK.

The Spectraview II software is indeed in the box though. Just the sensor is missing. It's very frustrating! I've searched through the box so many times that my wife thinks I have finally lost it.

Couple of questions:

1. The fact that the model no. on the back of the monitor does not have the -SV suffix, does it mean that the panel is not the SV version? There is some info online saying that SV panels are superior to non-SV version. Is it true?

2. If anyone has the SV bundle, can you check to see if the model number on the back on the monitor has the -SV suffix?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jonathan

In Nrth America all of the monitors are the same so it's not surprising it doesn't have the "-SV".

(It is surprising that you didn't get a probe though! Since you did get the software and the box has "-SV" printed on it it does sounds like they shipped you the correct item, but I guess NEC forgot to pack the probe into your box!)
Title: Re: Help Needed - PA271W-BK-SV shipped without the colorimeter
Post by: Pat Herold on October 04, 2010, 02:07:16 pm
We have the PA271W and the PA241W - with SpectraView.  Neither of them have "-SV" suffix on the end of the model name on the back of the monitor.  So it would seem that you are not suffering anything by that model number.
Title: Re: Help Needed - PA271W-BK-SV shipped without the colorimeter
Post by: Scott O. on October 07, 2010, 11:18:47 pm
No surprise here, as my monitor was delivered without the puck also.  I contacted NEC and without too much hassle they sent me one.  My monitor did come with all software, only thing missing was the puck.