Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: D. King on October 02, 2010, 11:26:23 am
-
Here's the deal. I'm producing a 60 second PSA designed to get out the youth vote for the upcoming election. The message is partisan. Pro Democrats. Anti Republicans. But it's not for any one candidate. It's more along the line of political philosophy.
I have a full production team. Director of Photography, sound, lighting, makeup, editing, green screen studio, on-camera talent, and a CGI team working on it. We're all doing it Pro Bono. No one is being paid and no one expects to be. It's a grassroots effort. The roots happen to be in the Hollywood creative community and that's why it's been possible to put this together.
Part of the CGI sequence involves a short montage -- about 5 seconds -- depicting the pain and hardship created by the economic meltdown. I need a shot of a woman -- maybe holding a sign that says something like "Out of work. Need to feed my kids" That kind of thing. But she doesn't need a sign. The important thing is that she looks like she's in dire straights. The expression on her face should capture the desperation and pain that folk who have lost their jobs and maybe their homes are experiencing.
There's no $ for this. Like I said, we're all doing it for free. But if you have such a shot and would like to donate the use of it in this PSA please contact me at [email protected]. It will definitely be on the Internet and if we're going to try to crowd fund it to get it on the air.
Thanks
-
Here's the deal........... The important thing is that she looks like she's in dire straights.
Even if she's not.
-
Hi Joe
Since there is no "?" at the end of your sentence I'm assuming it's not a question. Since it's fairly unlikely that a photographer would set up this kind of a shot with a model it most likely would be a real life person. God knows there are enough of them around these days. But yes, I would consider a staged shot if it conveyed the message since this is a PSA not a documentary.
-
I'm very hesitant to continue with this but......
This is not a PSA.
Its partisan political ad by your own admission and its an attack ad.
I don't identify as either a "D" democrat or an "R" republican, hell, I'm not even American, but I don't think that attack ads are very flattering to their creators.
-
Part of the CGI sequence involves a short montage -- about 5 seconds -- depicting the pain and hardship created by the economic meltdown. I need a shot of a woman -- maybe holding a sign that says something like "Out of work. Need to feed my kids" That kind of thing. But she doesn't need a sign. The important thing is that she looks like she's in dire straights. The expression on her face should capture the desperation and pain that folk who have lost their jobs and maybe their homes are experiencing.
And this is supposed to be an anti-Republican, pro-Democrat message? Surely you're putting us on.
-
Guys, I'm sure there are places for political debate other than this thread. I'm doing something I believe in and need help with one part of it. If you're a Republican I don't expect you to help. Thanks for understanding.
-
Got my shot. Thanks, Drew. You're a true American.