Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: jclipperton on October 01, 2010, 09:49:41 am

Title: afon conwy
Post by: jclipperton on October 01, 2010, 09:49:41 am
recent shot from a half day out in Snowdonia

(http://www.pbase.com/clippo/image/128785539/original.jpg)
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: stamper on October 01, 2010, 10:52:47 am
This certainly appeals to me. If it had been my image I would possibly have added a bit more saturation to the top left hand corner to give the impression that the light is coming from top right to left, thus giving it overall a bit more contrast. Certainly an image that has  scope for a few different interpretations? That is of course if one wants to do something other than regard it as being straight out of the camera in a purist sense. :)
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: wolfnowl on October 01, 2010, 04:44:55 pm
Yes, one could certainly push it around a bit in different ways, but it's very well done as is!

Mike.
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 01, 2010, 05:40:03 pm
I love the flow of water around both sides of the central rock. Nice image!

Eric
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on October 02, 2010, 01:20:37 am
I love the water flow captured- it leads my eye into the back of the image and then back to the rock and then back to the flow..lovely! 
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: jclipperton on October 02, 2010, 03:25:56 am
thanks for all the comments!
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 02, 2010, 11:08:14 am
I love the flow of water around both sides of the central rock. Nice image!

Eric
My thought exactly: it's a pleasing contrast of motion and stillness. I wonder if the distant part of the image, upriver, isn't a bit blown, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: jclipperton on October 02, 2010, 12:22:03 pm
could have lost detail in PP I suppose but the histogram wasn't showing any clipping at the time... the water is so churned up there I just don't think a slow exposure would capture any detail in that area.
Title: Re: afon conwy
Post by: DuncanAndison on October 04, 2010, 05:05:22 pm
I love the movement and composition, great stuff!

Duncan