Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: therider on September 30, 2010, 12:23:06 pm

Title: Lightroom crops large prints randomly
Post by: therider on September 30, 2010, 12:23:06 pm
I recently posted about how I found the one and only trick to print right colors and it is from Lightroom. Now I stumbled on another problem - print cropping.

I fed a 20x24 paper (cut from roll paper) in portrait form (fed the 20" side) as sheet on my Epson 7600. Print dimension was 18x22. The print came out as 7.25x22. Another print did similar thing, came out cropped about 7" wide.

Any idea what is going on ? I have been using LR for a while to know my cropping is not horribly wrong in the printing interface.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Lightroom crops large prints randomly
Post by: nemophoto on September 30, 2010, 12:58:48 pm
Out of curiosity, are you printing directly to the Epson driver, or are you using something like the Colorburst RIP? The reason I ask is that the Colorburst RIP use to the same thing on my old 4000, randomly.
Title: Re: Lightroom crops large prints randomly
Post by: therider on September 30, 2010, 06:33:44 pm
Directly to Epson driver.
Title: Re: Lightroom crops large prints randomly
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 30, 2010, 07:29:33 pm
Double check the paper size in the driver dialogue box to make sure it is 20x24.  Once I had this happen to me and it was a wrong paper size (which is why I always use presets now; they never fail).