Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2010, 02:31:31 pm

Title: Odd rotation problem in LR3
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2010, 02:31:31 pm
Sometimes-I can't figure out when and why-the Library preview does not rotate while the Navigator preview does. Any thoughts? In Develop it is also rotated. Windows 7 64 bit.

(http://sitemanager.sitewelder.com/users/KirkGittings2359/images/KirkGittings23591168086.jpg)
Title: Re: Odd rotation problem in LR3
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2010, 05:29:23 pm
Bump
Title: Re: Odd rotation problem in LR3
Post by: wolfnowl on September 29, 2010, 05:53:25 pm
Sorry, Kirk.  Haven't seen that problem - Win 7 and LR 3.2, 32-bit.

Mike.
Title: Re: Odd rotation problem in LR3
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2010, 05:55:30 pm
Thanks. Apparently its fairly common. I found some threads on the Adobe Forum where they suggested things like updating your driver, clearing your catch etc. All nonsense-none of the did anything.
Title: Re: Odd rotation problem in LR3
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 29, 2010, 05:58:28 pm
Ok if I close out LR and open it back up again the problem is solved.
Title: Re: Odd rotation problem in LR3
Post by: MBehrens on September 29, 2010, 09:57:52 pm
Ok if I close out LR and open it back up again the problem is solved.

I've seen this - also on windows 7 64. The worst was when I was importing images and started rotating imported before the full import was complete and the previews generated. These never would correct themselves, had to delete from the catalog and re-import. I've also had them where they only rotate 45 deg in the grid but the full 90 deg in loupe (using dual monitors with grid on mon 2), closing LR and restarting usually fixes these.

Haven't found a solution. Did the display driver update. Not sure as of yet if it solved the problem or not.