Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: GIBS on September 29, 2010, 02:19:05 am

Title: Editing keyword hierarchy
Post by: GIBS on September 29, 2010, 02:19:05 am
Has anyone found a good way to edit the hierarchy ? LR itself is a bit painful trying to drag n drop keywords around.

Have seen blogs about editing it as a text file but that just seems equally as painful.

Are there any shareware tools that you can use ? Cut n paste doesn't appear to be supported in LR hierarchy would would make things a bit easier.

Thanks
Title: Re: Editing keyword hierarchy
Post by: RogerW on September 29, 2010, 05:30:39 am
I beg to differ as I've found editing the text file to be a great solution to sorting the hierarchy.  In fact, I go a bit further and open the exported text file as an Excel spreadsheet; this gives even more control options.
Title: Re: Editing keyword hierarchy
Post by: Ken Bennett on September 29, 2010, 09:11:34 am
I created my entire keyword set as a text file, using tabs to set the hierarchy. (You have to be really careful using Microsoft Word to do this, since it helpfully changes Tabs to Indents without telling you so. Ask me how I know this....grrrrr)

That text file can then be imported into the keywords panel in Bridge, Photo Mechanic, and, I presume, Lightroom. I use PM, which has a GREAT hierarchical keyword panel -- much easier in my experience than Bridge.