Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: routlaw on September 27, 2010, 01:11:44 pm
-
Anyone here tried this canvas media? Looking for a good source of high gamut canvas (to replace the epson matt I have been using) without OBA's, and hopefully which is not too expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rob
-
I've had nothing but problems with this canvas -- both the pro gloss museum and the water resistant matte. I print with an Epson 9900. If you want to hear more about my experiences with it (extensive) don't hesitate to PM me. Are you working with a particualr vendor that's trying to push this on you?
-
I've had nothing but problems with this canvas -- both the pro gloss museum and the water resistant matte. I print with an Epson 9900. If you want to hear more about my experiences with it (extensive) don't hesitate to PM me. Are you working with a particualr vendor that's trying to push this on you?
No not at all, but I have had excellent results with the other Canson media I have tried and thought these canvases might also be an excellent choice. Just curious, what have been the problems with the Canson canvas? I am using the Canon iPF 8300 so most likely your results would be no different than what I would achieve. Thanks for the heads up.
Rob
-
I have not tried the Canson, but I will recommend the Breathing Color Lyve Canvas. After coating it looks amazingly close to my monitor image. I beleive Amplis supplies it in Canada.
Printer:Epson 7900
Cheers,
Brian
www.adventurocity.com
-
I have not tried the Canson, but I will recommend the Breathing Color Lyve Canvas. After coating it looks amazingly close to my monitor image. I beleive Amplis supplies it in Canada.
Printer:Epson 7900
Cheers,
Brian
Thanks Brian just ordered a roll to see how it goes, sounds promising though.
Rob
-
Great Rob!
I have been using BC Canvas for over a year. Let me know how you like it!
Cheers,
Brian
www.adventurocity.com
-
Will do for sure. I also ordered a pint of their new Timeless coating, we'll see how that goes as well though it would take some serious improvement to get me out of the Clear Star Type C camp. Never did like the Glam II.
Rob
-
I haven't used the Timeless coating yet. I mix the Glam II 2 parts gloss to 1 part matte and get great finishes with a foam roller.
Brian
www.adventurocity.com
-
I haven't used the Timeless coating yet. I mix the Glam II 2 parts gloss to 1 part matte and get great finishes with a foam roller.
Brian
www.adventurocity.com
I used to use the Glam II, did for years including mixing it every which way. There is no comparison with it and the Clear Star coatings which are way better. If you can get some in CA I highly recommend you trying the Type C.
Rob
-
Thanks
Will check it out!
Cheers,
Brian
www.adventurocity.com