Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: DougieC on September 24, 2010, 05:44:10 pm
-
Hey there folks,
apologies for posting what is essentially a plug for my own exhibition as my first post. I've been a bit of a lurker for years but never signed up before now. If any of you are interested I have an exhibition of landscape and adventure photography opening in the Trades Hall of Glasgow (http://www.tradeshallglasgow.co.uk/) on the 8th Oct. It's a stunning venue and I'm chuffed to bits to have the chance to show some work there. Around a third of the images are from a recent trip to Patagonia (stunning, if hard work at times!), a third from around Scotland and Glasgow and the rest are a selection of adventure images (climbing, walking, kayaking etc).
The opening night is 18:30 to 20:00 and you'll all be very welcome. After that it's open 10:00 to 16:00 monday to friday until the new year (though they may occasionally close for private functions).
If you want a wee peek at some of my work to see if you think it's worth popping along or not then you can find a couple of portfolios here (http://leadinglinesphotography.net/portfolios/landscapes).
Anyway, now that I've actually come out the closet and posted something I might just have to stick around and try to contribute something to the group rather than being a fly on the wall!
Have a good weekend folks.
Dougie
(http://leadinglinesphotography.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Leading-Lines-Exhibition-small.jpg)
-
Were you really standing that close to the edge? That seems to be an adventure in itself.
Good luck with the exhibition and compliments on the web site, well done.
-
Cheers!
The photo for the flier was a self-portrait. The worst of it was that I didn't have my timer remote with me so only had the 10 second delay to run round, stop and the edge and try to look casual before the shutter fired! Took a few attempts but it was worth it in the end....
Dougie
-
Gee!!
This is a great picture. I particulary like the crack on the rock (man, you are crazy, you are not a sea bird... you could have end in this frozen water) that draw a vertical line with your body and makes a great composition.
Can we call that, the luck of the audacity?
Well done.
-
Nice shot, and congrats on the exhibition! Wrong side of the pond for me, though.
Mike.
-
I'll echo those sentiments - well done on the exhibition; but wrong side of the pond for me. Best of luck with it.
-
Congrats, enjoy every minute of it!
A bit far for me as well unfortunately. :)
cheers,
Bernard
-
Only 14 miles for me. And the Stepps bar is handy. Hic.
-
Cheers for the notes folks. And Stamper, perhaps I'll see you there!