Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: David Duchesne on September 23, 2010, 07:34:26 pm

Title: Epson 9880 cyan color shift
Post by: David Duchesne on September 23, 2010, 07:34:26 pm
I have noticed my prints have a  slight cyan (drained of red) appearance.  Almost looks like I printed a srgb profiled print on an adobe 1998 color space printer.  Checked my nozzle check pattern, it was perfect.  I have 1 ink cartridge that 1 month out of date (yellow).  I have compared prints made 2 weeks ago to same file printed recently- and see the shift.  Printed using imageprint rip, on epson premium luster.  Skin tones are what I am looking at critically.

What am I missing?
Title: Re: Epson 9880 cyan color shift
Post by: Wayne Fox on September 23, 2010, 11:47:43 pm
Tough to say, but I will say if the ink is only 1 month out of date, that's not it.  Guessing even a year out of date any color difference would tough to detect visually.

Maybe you accidentally used the wrong profile?  Maybe the paper isn't marked and you think it's a different paper (i've done that with Kodak and Epson Luster ... they look virtually the same.)