Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: fredjeang on September 23, 2010, 11:16:25 am

Title: Internet explorer 9 beta
Post by: fredjeang on September 23, 2010, 11:16:25 am
If you haven't done it, you should try the latest I.E version, the 9. html5 compatible.
I've install it and this is finally a good browser.

It seems that Microsoft are starting to do the homeworks much better.

Title: Re: Internet explorer 9 beta
Post by: Farmer on September 23, 2010, 06:39:20 pm
Yes, so far it's very good.  I've been using the x64 version under Win 7 x64.  You can also get a Flash plugin (specifically for IE9) in both 32bit and 64bit flavours.
Title: Re: Internet explorer 9 beta
Post by: Roy on September 23, 2010, 07:58:50 pm
The comments in the colour management forum were not very flattering:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=46379.0
Title: Re: Internet explorer 9 beta
Post by: feppe on September 23, 2010, 08:20:50 pm
The comments in the colour management forum were not very flattering:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=46379.0

In fairness none of the Windows browsers I've tested (FF, IE, Opera, Safari, Chrome) have a consistent and reliable color management, or don't have color management, period.
Title: Re: Internet explorer 9 beta
Post by: fredjeang on September 25, 2010, 05:51:05 pm
Weird,
I've checked and it gives me color managment like in Firefox.
That was not the case in the I.E previous version.

Also, think that this browser color managment issue is IMO a little over concerned in the sense that you may want to see your pics with c.m but you can not control the users browser.
As soon as you put pictures in internet, you have to accept that 60% of the people will not see properlly the colors and there is nothing you can do about that.
(without talking about screen (un)calibrations etc...)

Don't worry too much about the color profiles in browsers. Only the photo/videographers have their screen and browsers properlly setted.