Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Josh-H on September 22, 2010, 12:06:53 am

Title: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: Josh-H on September 22, 2010, 12:06:53 am
Taken at the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon as warm evening light catches and illuminates the icebergs. Sometimes even in Iceland the best light lasts only seconds. I shot 400 odd frames on this day - only this one has the light I was hoping to catch. So I hope you all like it!
Seriously.. comments and thoughts more than welcome as always.
Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: OnyimBob on September 22, 2010, 12:12:36 am
You're going to have to stop this Josh. Have pity on the rest of us!
Twelve keepers from one trip - sheeeesh!
Beautiful shot.
Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 22, 2010, 04:00:08 am
You're going to have to stop this Josh. Have pity on the rest of us!
Twelve keepers from one trip - sheeeesh!
Beautiful shot.
My thoughts exactly. I'm getting depressed.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on September 22, 2010, 06:52:22 am
Great image!

Though I also suffer from depression, envy and whats more, but I believe your results
are well deserved seeing the careful preparations you took for the trip.
I feel encouraged to prepare as good as possible on my next photographic endeavours ....

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: Josh-H on September 22, 2010, 06:16:34 pm
Thanks gents - your kind words greatly appreciated. ;D
Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: jeremypayne on September 22, 2010, 06:31:37 pm
The "warm" light in the "cold" setting is magical.

Awesome stuff ... I'm finding myself coming to the site simply to see if you have posted more from the trip.


Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on September 23, 2010, 12:53:36 pm
Superb image sir.
Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: EduPerez on September 28, 2010, 06:44:13 am
Fantastic! ... and much better than the other #12, btw  ;)
Title: Re: Iceland #12 - Burning Berg
Post by: pegelli on September 28, 2010, 08:08:34 am
Very, very nice. Composition, colour, light ..... it's all there