Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Sunny Kelly on September 21, 2010, 01:39:44 pm

Title: strap for roll paper
Post by: Sunny Kelly on September 21, 2010, 01:39:44 pm
Does anyone know where to find a strap or roll keeper. Not sure if the term I am using is correct. I have a terrible time keeping my rolls from unrolling when changing paper.
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: Nill Toulme on September 21, 2010, 02:20:21 pm
Piece of plain paper (long enough to reach all the way round the roll) and some scotch tape...

Nill
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: Sunny Kelly on September 21, 2010, 02:26:56 pm
that is what I have been doing, but it is a pain, especially on very stiff papers
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: mikev1 on September 21, 2010, 02:34:21 pm
I use strips of canvas or I use strips in three places, at the ends and in the middle.  This is usually enough to keep even the stiffest papers in place.
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: natas on September 21, 2010, 02:41:40 pm
I use strips of paper from the nozzle checks I do :) Perfect size, and they are always in the paper catcher
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: Sunny Kelly on September 21, 2010, 02:44:42 pm
Thanks for the replies. I was shown something from AZTEK that is just what I was looking for.Here is the link.
http://store.aztek.com/servlet/-strse-245/Roll-Paper-Holder-AZ_Roll_Holder/Detail#itemadded
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: John Nollendorfs on September 21, 2010, 06:50:44 pm
These you can also use pant leg "keepers" for bicyclists. A lot of times they can be had pretty cheaply at bike shops.

John Nollendorfs
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: Kirk Gittings on September 21, 2010, 07:10:32 pm
Double sided Velcro strap (hook on one side loop on the other), cut to size, from your local hardware store.
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: Shark_II on September 21, 2010, 08:24:54 pm
Double sided Velcro strap (hook on one side loop on the other), cut to size, from your local hardware store.

What he said.  You can even find it in the garden shop at big-box stores near the tomato stakes, etc.  It is used to attach the vines to the stakes.  Comes in long rolls for pennies.

Tom
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: Sven W on September 22, 2010, 06:56:10 am
I've tested all kinds of straps, pantleg-keepers, velcro et al.
Epson did ship those with their printers earlier.
But they all scratch and harm the paper.

Use cotton gloves and wrap a precut and wide strip of plain paper + some Scotch.
If you modify the tape in position, you can re-use the strip many times. And I also put the papers name on the strip.

/Sven
Title: Re: strap for roll paper
Post by: Ken Doo on September 22, 2010, 10:54:46 am
For hardier papers, I use strips of plain paper secured with blue masking tape---easy to remove and reuse.

For more fragile papers, I use a sheet of wax paper and the blue masking tape---also easy to remove and reuse.  Inexpensive roll of wax paper available at fine grocery stores everywhere.   ;D