Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: darlingm on September 18, 2010, 11:59:27 pm

Title: Anyone heard of counterfeit Epson 9900 inks? (I haven't)
Post by: darlingm on September 18, 2010, 11:59:27 pm
Wondering if anyone has heard of counterfeit Epson 9900 inks out there.  Found a supplier with unexpired Epson inks lower than general Epson dealer pricing that I can find, still sealed in the original bag and box.  I know occasionally products get counterfeits made, wondering if anyone's heard of such a problem with Epson 9900 inks... Or if it says Epson on the cartridge, is sealed in the blue bag, and sealed in the box that also says Epson if I'm OK.
Title: Re: Anyone heard of counterfeit Epson 9900 inks? (I haven't)
Post by: Randy Carone on September 19, 2010, 04:53:22 pm
Let's assume they are the real deal. Who is the dealer and what is the price?
Title: Re: Anyone heard of counterfeit Epson 9900 inks? (I haven't)
Post by: darlingm on September 19, 2010, 09:14:40 pm
Someone on craigslist had six sealed 350ml cartridges at $59/ea.  They don't expire for between 12-14 months.  Probably just someone shutting something an operation down, but I'm always weary of craigslist items.  And, I know he could have gotten a lot more for them.  Picked them up today, look legit, all sealed up, so they probably are fine.

I've never bought ink through a non-dealer before, and I know some products are known for having counterfeit knock offs out there, so wanted to check if 9900 inks were in that category at all.  Call me paranoid I guess.  :)  I know USB flash cards have gone through that.  With ink being so expensive, there could be a lot of profit for an overseas company to put together refilled cartridges in fake Epson packaging, and I wouldn't want my prints to start fading early or anything.
Title: Re: Anyone heard of counterfeit Epson 9900 inks? (I haven't)
Post by: dgberg on September 20, 2010, 05:58:25 am
Stolen?