Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: LucDelorme on September 13, 2010, 02:23:14 pm

Title: Can an Epson 9000 be coaxed to work with a modern computer
Post by: LucDelorme on September 13, 2010, 02:23:14 pm
Hello,

Our group at work has inherited an Epson Stylus Pro 9000 with lots of ink and an Epson RIPStation 5100.  We'd like to use it to print custom maps that we use for field work.

I can talk to the RIPStation via the web interface, and I know the printer works, I can print test patterns and charts from the RIPServer's front panel.  I just can't find a driver for Windows 7, Vista or OSX 10.6.  Is there a way that the printer could work with a new computer, or is it a lost cause?

Thanks,

Luc Delorme
Title: Re: Can an Epson 9000 be coaxed to work with a modern computer
Post by: John Nollendorfs on September 13, 2010, 10:31:57 pm
You can use can use the windows XP driver, running the XP emulation mode under Windows 7 Pro.

On the MAC side, you can use the GuttenPrint driver available here--
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php

John Nollendorfs
Title: Re: Can an Epson 9000 be coaxed to work with a modern computer
Post by: BobShram on September 17, 2010, 08:47:51 pm
Luc, I know it can be done with Vista 32bit by just removing one line of code from the XP driver. I no longer have the printer and have removed that modifed driver from my computer. Johns answer sounds what your looking for.