Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on September 10, 2010, 05:39:36 pm
-
I have added a series with images from winter 2009/2010 in Hamburg.
Some of the images have already been shown here, many are new.
The album with the complete series can be found here: Link (http://www.feldhaim.com/album/studies/hamburg-winter-2009-2010).
C&C welcome as usual.
-
Nice! I like the "birds" photo on your website. I have to tell you though, it was really taking f o r e v e r for the full size photos on your site to load. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem (I am using Safari).
-
Thank you Tokengirl!
Concerning the loading times:
The full size images are probably too big or too high jpeg quality.
I'still have to find out whats the best compromise between quality and speed for images.
With my DSL connection it doesn't take overly long to load though.
I'll watch it and try to optimize.
-
Impressive series and site. I think I now have a sense of a gritty working harbor in winter. Reminds me of street photography except water rather than asphalt. Especially liked Out of the Window. Ship Bow #1 scared me. I would call it Impending Death. BTW, I had no lag loading photos.
-
Thanks Dale.
Good to hear you had no trouble with the site.
Seems I need to watch some technological aspects of it.
The speed plugin of firebug also complains about some minor quirks I should fix.
I also was thinking about implementing three instead two levels of detail, like thumbnail, image and high-res version.
But the most important thing to me is, if people like the aesthetics and feel
of the photographs and the way how they are presented.
-
Christoph thank you for this selection of wonderful images. I would liked to have seen more on your website, but too found they took f o r e v e r to load.
There is a beautiful sense of calm and balance in your images. they are poised to hold one's attention whilst one examines them more carefully.
Julie
-
I'm glad to hear you liked the images.
I feel I'm still at the very beginning of finding my own style.
I'll work on the image loading times.
I believe they are just too big.
I'll work on getting an additional lower resolution version of each gallery, so people can chose.
Not sure yet what the best technical way is.
-
You have been heared !
As a first iteration in making the site friendlier to my dear visitors I have added some links below each image.
You now can chose between the full resolution (1600 pixels), medium (1000 pixels) or low resolution (500 pixels) version.
Its not yet completely as I want (same width always, independant from orientation) it but a first step in the right direction.
Cheers
~Chris