Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: pflower on September 04, 2010, 07:01:57 am

Title: How to Enable Sort order in LR3
Post by: pflower on September 04, 2010, 07:01:57 am
This is really stupid I am sure. I have just downloaded the LR3 demo, imported a copy of my LR2 catalog but in the grid view of the Library module there is no sort order popup.  In LR2 on the bottom of the grid view this usually appeared to the right of the filename.  Nothing in LR3.

There must be some incredible obvious thing that I am missing, but I can't find it.

Anyone got the answer?

Thanks
Title: Re: How to Enable Sort order in LR3
Post by: john beardsworth on September 04, 2010, 07:15:45 am
In Grid view (G) there's a toolbar (T) at the bottom of the grid. On its right hand side is a little arrow, which lets you add sort order to the toolbar. You also have to be in Grid view for Sort Order to show up.
Title: Re: How to Enable Sort order in LR3
Post by: pflower on September 04, 2010, 09:06:31 am
Ah.  No arrow but if you press T then the usual options appear.  A frustrating program from time to time.

Thank you.
Title: Re: How to Enable Sort order in LR3
Post by: CatOne on September 07, 2010, 04:24:31 pm
Ah.  No arrow but if you press T then the usual options appear.  A frustrating program from time to time.

Thank you.

T means Toolbar.  It toggles whether the toolbar is shown or not shown.  In general it's nice to show things, and it's nice to _hide_ things, especially when you're working on limited real estate like a laptop.  I wouldn't say it's frustrating... just takes some learning ;-)