Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: David Sutton on September 03, 2010, 05:01:20 am
-
Must be having a really slow day. How do I attach an image to a post so that it can be seen without logging in?
David
-
Attached images are only viewable by logged in users. If you want something that even guests can see you can use the IMG tag to include images that live on a website somewhere.
-
Thank you Mark.
Okay, trying that now:
(http://www.naturescapes.net/portfolios/displayimage.php?pos=-28224)
-
I pasted the url of the image in between the img tags, but still don't see anything. Can you explain what I'm missing?
-
I pasted the url of the image in between the img tags, but still don't see anything. Can you explain what I'm missing?
Hi David,
You pasted a link to a PHP script, not a JPG or PNG image itself.
Cheers,
Bart
-
(http://www.naturescapes.net/portfolios/pics/userpics/53266/2_3345.jpg)
-
Ha! Thank you Bart. What I needed to do was right click the image and select "copy image location"
Cheers, David
-
(http://www.naturescapes.net/portfolios/pics/userpics/53266/2_3345.jpg)
But unfortunately all I can see is a red square with the words "no hotlinks" inside.
I get the same result when I copy your URL (http://www.naturescapes.net/portfolios/pics/userpics/53266/2_3345.jpg) into a new tab in my browser, which makes me suspect that your website doesn't allow direct links.
An alternative method is to click on "Additional Options..." and click on the "Choose" button to browse through images on your own computer, which you can then attach.
Eric
-
I get the same result when I copy your URL (http://www.naturescapes.net/portfolios/pics/userpics/53266/2_3345.jpg) into a new tab in my browser, which makes me suspect that your website doesn't allow direct links.
The bright red thumbnail with "no hotlinks" confirms your suspicion :P
-
Indeed. I think I'll give up on the one, it's becoming too much trouble. I see the images fine on my desktop monitor, but when I use another computer I get the red square too.
Thanks to all anyway.
-
Indeed. I think I'll give up on the one, it's becoming too much trouble. I see the images fine on my desktop monitor, but when I use another computer I get the red square too.
Thanks to all anyway.
Hi David,
That's because the image is stored in your browser's cache once you've looked at the website, so that cached image is used instead of the intended website image. Some websites prohibit hotlinking or deeplinking, as in this case.
Cheers,
Bart