Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Beginner's Questions => Topic started by: photomancottrell on September 02, 2010, 11:16:35 pm
-
please help me figure out what is wrong. see photo in the the link "best of the day" and look at the grey that is turning purple. i shot jpeg+RAW and this is in both.
it looks like a chromatic aberration but it has never happend with this equipment before...1ds mkii, 70-200L at f12 or f16 iso 100.
thanks for any help you can give me!!
http://jpgmag.com/photos/2638421 (http://jpgmag.com/photos/2638421)
-
no help? :o
pretty please?
-
Hi, if this is B/W where is the purple?
Chris
-
I'm just seeing black and white. Sorry.
-
to the left of the subject in the first quarter of the frame....maybe it's my monitor. I have a print coming in of the image sometime next week...we'll see if it shows up on there. The thing is that it's not showing up on other images on that screen.
-
I could not see any purple, but after analysing the image I detected that it is not completely B&W, even if it looks so: most pixels have different values for each RGB channel. On the other hand, any chromatic aberration should have been eliminated while doing the conversion to B&W.
How did you edit the image? How did you do the conversion to B&W?
-
i did the BW conversion using OnOne's Phototools.
-
Did you flip/rotate the image to see if the purple moves?