Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Josh-H on September 01, 2010, 09:56:08 pm
-
I have never bothered to add text to any of my prints; but after watching the LR3 tutorial I got to thinking that it might be a good idea. My query is that if you are printing a landscape image the text overlay still shows in the preview on screen down the bottom (see attachment). Michael and Jeff's demo shows a vertical image - not a landscape; so in their demo this issue does not become apparent. There does not appear to be a way to move it to the long edge for landscape images. Am I missing something?
-
In Print module got to page set up change from portrait to Landscape. Voila! centred below print. Now if they would allow us to move the text into the border area or locate as per slide show that would be even better. Another version, perhaps.
-
Thank you - that was embarrassingly obvious.
-
How do you add two lines of print?
John
-
How do you add two lines of print?
John
I think I remember Julieanne Kost saying in one of her videos that you simply hit the return key and enter the 2nd (3rd, etc.) line of text. Unfortunately, I am not in front of LR at the moment to try it.
-
This doesn't seem to work, at least not on a PC.
I also tried inserting a "end of line" sequence. That didn't work either.
A Google search found an old entry in the KillerLightroomTips blog which, at least, allowed me to get the two lines into to edit string, but they were not saved when I updated the preset to the current settings.
:( :( :( :( :(
Alan
-
well I just typed until I got to 167 characters with spaces and it took no more. did wrap under the photo though.
-
You can add text to an image by importing into PS and then adding a layer for text
Alternatively you can Print to file in LR and then import the JPEG into PS for the same technique
I am not aware of any method to freely add text in LR
Robert
-
I think if you hold down the option key when you hit return, you'll be able to enter multiple lines of text. That would be the Alt key on an PC.
-
It doesn't work on the PC. What I tend to do is switch to another application, or open Notepad, and cut and paste from there.
-
Another wish for me is the ability to move the text to either the left or right without having to muck around with lots of spaces