Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: JohnKoerner on September 01, 2010, 07:24:44 pm

Title: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: JohnKoerner on September 01, 2010, 07:24:44 pm
Here are mine.


(http://www.johnkoerner.org/Samples/pinweel.jpg)
Pinweel Marasmius

(http://www.johnkoerner.org/Samples/shroom.jpg)
Unknown, but amazing Purple Mushroom


Found the first one on a small oak twig, and found the second one on my back lawn underneathe a board that had been placed there for a few days ... shriveled-up within an hour of being exposed ...


Post yours (http://www.johnkoerner.org/Emoticons/laugh.gif)


Jack



.
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: Ifocus4u on September 08, 2010, 10:43:05 am
Wow.. just a bitty baby!   The purple mushrooms are so rich in their colour!  What luck you were ready with camera in hand!  We get really pretty mushrooms here too but they come out later in September.  I am out in the country near Ottawa, Ontario Canada.  Nice shots..and very clear!
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: Chairman Bill on September 08, 2010, 02:53:05 pm
The second one looks like the Purple-bloom Russula, Russula mariae
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: JohnKoerner on September 09, 2010, 09:13:16 am
The second one looks like the Purple-bloom Russula, Russula mariae

Thank you for your suggestion, Bill, but I do not think that's what it is.

The Russula is a fairly large and robust fungus, with heavy whitish stems and thick, tough caps ... while purple mushrooms I photographed were tiny and delicate, with soft grayish stems, and with fragile, velvety caps not much bigger than the nail on your pinky finger.

Jack




.
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: nigelrudyard on September 09, 2010, 09:18:06 am
Amazing images, John. The unknown purple mushrooms look delicious. If you're colour blind, that is ...
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: JohnKoerner on September 10, 2010, 01:39:24 pm
Amazing images, John. The unknown purple mushrooms look delicious. If you're colour blind, that is ...



Thank you ... here are some more: (http://www.johnkoerner.org/Emoticons/laugh.gif)


(http://www.johnkoerner.org/Samples/ll2.jpg)
Lemon Lepiota


(http://www.johnkoerner.org/Samples/earthstar.jpg)
Earth Star


(http://www.johnkoerner.org/Samples/earthstar2.jpg)
Earth Star

(http://www.johnkoerner.org/Samples/unklepiota.jpg)
Unknown Lepiota


Enjoy ...




.
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: nigelrudyard on September 10, 2010, 03:53:09 pm
OMG, thanks for those! Don't think I'll be throwing those in a pan with some bacon and eggs either!!!

Here's something spotted in Lyme Park, Cheshire, nearby where I live...

Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: JohnKoerner on September 10, 2010, 08:46:30 pm
OMG, thanks for those! Don't think I'll be throwing those in a pan with some bacon and eggs either!!!
Here's something spotted in Lyme Park, Cheshire, nearby where I live...


That is a really nice photo, Nigel, especially with the matching fall leaves. Well done.

I will try to hunt-down some more for later :)

Jack



.
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: nigelrudyard on September 11, 2010, 06:59:15 am
Thanks John, coming from an expert, I take that as a real compliment. Fungi are fascinating organisms.

Here's a more general view of Lyme Park, taken on the same day, by the way:

Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: JohnKoerner on September 11, 2010, 07:34:21 am
Thanks John, coming from an expert, I take that as a real compliment. Fungi are fascinating organisms.
Here's a more general view of Lyme Park, taken on the same day, by the way:


Beautiful park, Nigel, and thanks for the compliment.

However, I am no expert: I am just a guy who bought his first DSLR a year and a half ago :)

Jack




.
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: JohnKoerner on September 11, 2010, 09:53:13 pm
(http://www.johnkoerner.org/Samples/omotw.jpg)
Old-Man-of-the-Woods


Found this one today ...




.
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: Ifocus4u on September 13, 2010, 06:32:25 pm
I feel like I am viewing a species from another planet!  Wow!
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: JohnKoerner on September 14, 2010, 03:58:39 am
I feel like I am viewing a species from another planet!  Wow!


Looks like it may just start walking and talking, doesn't it? (http://www.johnkoerner.org/Emoticons/laugh.gif)

Jack


.
Title: Re: Mind-Boggling Mushrooms!
Post by: Ifocus4u on September 19, 2010, 06:44:45 pm
 :D :D :D  Now that you mention it... it does!   :o   :D