Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: netherscurial on September 01, 2010, 07:14:07 pm

Title: Upgrading to Lightroom 3? How to?
Post by: netherscurial on September 01, 2010, 07:14:07 pm
Hello I recently reinstalled Snow Leopard on a brand new harddrive, installing Lightroom 3 on it. My old install had Lightroom 2.8. I am trying to bring my catalog from my lightroom 2.8 install, or upgrade so to speak. I hot option when I started LR 3 and I selected my catalog and it went through the upgrade process, but it finally started up all my folder were not there in the Library on the left column. I tried using importing to same location but it would being my folder in intact.  Is there a special you have to do it? Do you need to bring over some preference files over from my 2.8 install?

THanks!

Kevin
Title: Re: Upgrading to Lightroom 3? How to?
Post by: francois on September 02, 2010, 02:59:51 am
Kevin, have you watched Michael's free segment of Lightroom 3 tutorial? It explains how to upgrade your Lightroom catalog from 2.x to LR 3.

It's available for free here: http://store.luminous-landscape.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=245
Title: Re: Upgrading to Lightroom 3? How to?
Post by: netherscurial on September 02, 2010, 07:46:47 pm
THanks bud! that work like a charm!