Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Robert Katz on August 27, 2010, 05:32:24 pm

Title: Printing BW prints from LR3
Post by: Robert Katz on August 27, 2010, 05:32:24 pm
I just finished listening to Jeff and Michael's recent tutorial on LR3 re the print module.
For printing BW Jeff recommended using the Adobe RGB display profile when choosing a printer profile since the Epson printer was expecting this profile.
Prior to the release of LR 3 I have been using Eric Chan's ABW profiles that he has developed for several papers eg. Ilford Gold Fiber Silk.
Now I have to admit am a little confused....
Anyone have some thoughts about this issue?
Thanks
Robert
Title: Re: Printing BW prints from LR3
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on August 27, 2010, 06:19:22 pm
If you have an Epson 3800 or 3880, follow Eric Chan's workflow with his ABW profile.  It will give you the best B&W results.

Alan