Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mdijb on August 27, 2010, 03:33:04 pm

Title: Using LR3 the first time
Post by: mdijb on August 27, 2010, 03:33:04 pm
I just installed LR3.  In the readme file it indicates that the first time I open LR it will upgrade my LR2 catalogue to LR3.  IS this a good idea or should I stick to the method described in the LuLa video #3 tutorial?

I also make a backup catalogue and place copies of the images in separate location--do I need to do anything with these or does LR3 take of these details on the first use?

MDIJB
Title: Re: Using LR3 the first time
Post by: PeterAit on August 28, 2010, 12:48:01 pm
The automatic catalog change from LR2 to LR3 works fine. Make a backup of the catalog, but of course you already have that (!). The actual images are not affected.