Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: feppe on August 26, 2010, 07:33:27 pm

Title: How do I ignore users?
Post by: feppe on August 26, 2010, 07:33:27 pm
Old forum software allowed ignoring of certain posters, but I can't find that option anywhere. Anyone? I'm talking about forum posts, not instant messages.
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: DarkPenguin on August 26, 2010, 10:56:26 pm
I think you're screwed.  If it exists I'm not finding it.
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 26, 2010, 11:49:59 pm
Temporary workaround: Close your eyes while viewing any post you don't want to see.  :P :D
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: John R Smith on August 27, 2010, 04:40:42 am
Gosh, Harri, who exactly do you want to ignore?

C'mon, you can tell us . . .

J
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on August 27, 2010, 05:55:10 am
How can I ignore myself?
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: nilo on August 27, 2010, 08:10:47 am
in a decent western and civilized society, this should set out a wave of paranoia. Is it me? What did I do?
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: John R Smith on August 27, 2010, 08:48:34 am
I'm sure it's me. I mean, it must be me. That's why people move away from me in a crowded room. And I'm almost sure he's never replied to any of my posts. That's the sort of person he is . . . . strange how I never realised it before. I expect there are others, too. Perhaps a lot of others. They all had the Forum set to ignore my posts.

There must be one or two people out there who read my posts. Surely?

Perhaps not . . .

J
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: DarkPenguin on August 27, 2010, 09:16:45 am
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45854.msg384257#msg384257
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: feppe on August 27, 2010, 11:32:06 am
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45854.msg384257#msg384257

And I was hoping to keep John (Smith) in suspense by not responding to him :P
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: mguertin on August 27, 2010, 12:09:46 pm
You can do this by adding the user in question in Profile->Personal Message Options->Ignorelist

Not the most intuitive place to have it.  I actually added a mod to the forum to allow this to ignore both PM's and posts.  By default it only works to hide PM's.  Not sure why they chose that route to do this, but there it is and it works.
Title: Re: How do I ignore users?
Post by: dng88 on September 03, 2010, 10:03:33 pm
I'm sure it's me. I mean, it must be me. That's why people move away from me in a crowded room. And I'm almost sure he's never replied to any of my posts. That's the sort of person he is . . . . strange how I never realised it before. I expect there are others, too. Perhaps a lot of others. They all had the Forum set to ignore my posts.

There must be one or two people out there who read my posts. Surely?

Perhaps not . . .

J

At least I am reading yours.  In fact I have read 20+ pages of yours ro understand some if the issues you have risen on the focusing of digital back on old c lens. 

Some one watching you on the other side of the earth -- you are not alone or talking to yourselves.

Cheers!