Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on August 20, 2010, 12:59:28 pm

Title: Lanyon Quoit, Kernow
Post by: Chairman Bill on August 20, 2010, 12:59:28 pm
Lanyon Quoit is the remains of a burial chamber, situated in Penwith, Cornwall (Kernow). More info here - http://www.stonepages.com/england/lanyonquoit.html (http://www.stonepages.com/england/lanyonquoit.html)

Two B&W images, that I'll be happy with until someone here tells me what I should do to improve them ...
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4910106007_96fe4042e6_z.jpg)
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4910105745_a93a698c90_z.jpg)
Title: Re: Lanyon Quoit, Kernow
Post by: wolfnowl on August 20, 2010, 03:53:34 pm
I'd say the second one's good, but I love the first one - perspective, lighting, contrast, everything.  My 2¢

Mike.

Title: Re: Lanyon Quoit, Kernow
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 20, 2010, 05:53:30 pm
Both very nice.
I think I'll have to give the edge to the first, too.

Eric
Title: Re: Lanyon Quoit, Kernow
Post by: Haraldo on August 20, 2010, 05:56:27 pm
Love the first one! Great tonal variation and composition. It feels good.
Title: Re: Lanyon Quoit, Kernow
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 20, 2010, 06:02:37 pm
I'd say the second one's good, but I love the first one - perspective, lighting, contrast, everything.  My 2¢
+1

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lanyon Quoit, Kernow
Post by: francois on August 21, 2010, 04:49:53 am
The first one is amazing. Contrast, framing, sky, everything is well done to produce a great image.