Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Barkeeper on August 18, 2010, 07:32:05 am

Title: Raincoat for Hasselblad H3D / H4D? MF in general?
Post by: Barkeeper on August 18, 2010, 07:32:05 am
Hello,

could you suggest a raincoat for Hasselblad H3D?
(+ 35 - 90mm)

What do you use to protect your MF-cameras?

Thanks
Barkeeper
Title: Re: Raincoat for Hasselblad H3D / H4D? MF in general?
Post by: David Watson on August 19, 2010, 03:09:41 am
Hi

I have used A Kata rain sleeve with success on my Hasselblad HD3.  I have tried others but found them too fiddly and time consuming to use.  In addition I have a set of plain glass filters which I put on every time as well as the rain cover.  This means that I can clear the lens of any water drops without risk of damage.

Hope this helps.

David
Title: Re: Raincoat for Hasselblad H3D / H4D? MF in general?
Post by: rollei8is on August 19, 2010, 05:51:32 pm
i David,

Could you tell us what model of Kata rain sleeve you bought. I have a H3D with 35-90 and am looking for a solution.


-R-
Title: Re: Raincoat for Hasselblad H3D / H4D? MF in general?
Post by: Barkeeper on August 20, 2010, 07:59:38 am
Hello,

do you use KATA 705?

I have ordered a "copy" for testing.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Regenschutzhulle-Regenschutz-f-Canon-1Ds-5D-II-7D-500D-/270518310129?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Taschen_Gehäuse_PM

In two or three weeks I will tell you more about this.

Barkeeper
Title: Re: Raincoat for Hasselblad H3D / H4D? MF in general?
Post by: image on August 21, 2010, 07:56:26 am
I will have to check if the 705 will fit. I use the 705 with my 5d MKii in driving rain but have never thought to take the H4 out in such environments ... will get back with the answer soon
Title: Re: Raincoat for Hasselblad H3D / H4D? MF in general?
Post by: image on August 21, 2010, 09:53:43 pm
works a treat ... slightly on the bulky side but works a treat