Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: MelHill on August 16, 2010, 12:00:27 pm

Title: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: MelHill on August 16, 2010, 12:00:27 pm
What are people using to calibrate these screens?
I'm only concerned with the screen as my printers are
offsite and consistent & provide ICC profiles.

TIA

Title: Re: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: BJNY on August 16, 2010, 04:30:16 pm
I used ColorMunki on both my 2009 Macbook Pro and i7 iMac 27" .
Title: Re: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: shewhorn on August 16, 2010, 07:11:25 pm
Color Eyes Display Pro and a Spyder 3. This particular screen uses white LED backlights and I've found that the DTP94 and Eye One Display 2 seem to give inconsistent results from profile to profile with the white LEDs.

Cheers, Joe
Title: Re: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: MelHill on August 17, 2010, 10:59:04 am
Can I buy the cheapest Spyder3?
I'm assuming that the higher levels
elite & pro are software additions instead of hardware improvements?
Title: Re: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: ChasP505 on August 17, 2010, 05:52:38 pm
Can I buy the cheapest Spyder3?
I'm assuming that the higher levels
elite & pro are software additions instead of hardware improvements?

Absolutely.  I keep a puck from a Spyder3 Express package for use with CEDP on wide gamut monitors.  On "normal" gamut displays, I use an X-Rite DTP-94.
Title: Re: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on August 18, 2010, 02:41:09 pm
Hello,

Datalogic has a new software version 4 for Spyder which comes with a few special functions for iMac like controlling the brightness right off the calibration-software.

Worth a click in my opinion.

Robert
Title: Re: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: John S C on August 20, 2010, 10:08:00 am
I'd also vote for Color Eyes Display Pro. I use it with the X-Rite  eye-one display 2 puck. No problems with CEDP setting the brightness on the iMac as it will do it for you. I believe Integrated Color do a bundle with the software and the the Spyder 3
Title: Re: mid 2010 27" iMac i7, need recommendations for calibration gear
Post by: MelHill on August 20, 2010, 10:28:12 am
Bought the bundle from a reseller ($30 cheaper)
Should get here today.
Currently downloading PSCS5 and a few other programs
Never had much luck with migration assistant and
want this computer to be super clean.